Physician Appreciation Week
We Salute Our Physicians ~ Making a Difference Every Day!
Every year, Sault Area Hospital (SAH) sets aside a special time to acknowledge physicians.
Physician Appreciation Week recognizes the ongoing dedication and commitment of all physicians in our community. Whether they are welcoming a new life into the world, providing care and dignity to those who are at the end of their lives, or tending to the many health issues in between, our physicians provide care, compassion, expertise, and guidance.
One hundred and fifty primary care and specialist physicians provide much-needed services to admitted, emergency, surgical and clinic patients at SAH. By providing acute medical care, surgeries, medical procedures, education, and counseling to community members in need, our physicians not only positively impact the lives of these individuals, but also improve the overall health and quality of life of the 120,000 residents across the Algoma District.
Working in an under-serviced community and region poses many challenges, including long hours, frequent call-outs and inordinately large patient rosters. Despite these increased challenges, our physicians remain committed to serving the needs of patients in communities throughout the region.
Did you know?
On an annual basis, our physicians:
- Provide care during 63,518 Emergency Department visits, 13,604 Cancer Clinic visits and 59,592 patient clinic visits
- Perform 5,200 main operating room surgeries and 1,500 eye surgeries
- Deliver 922 babies
- Perform and interpret over 100,000 diagnostic exams including MRI, CT scan, ultrasound, X-ray and nuclear medicine
- Teach and supervise 35 medical students and 40 residents
- Collaborate in over 31,000 outpatient Mental Health & Addictions visits annually
Thank you to all physicians...for making a difference every day!