Casual Registered Nurse- Cardiac Catherterization Lab
CASUAL REGISTERED NURSE JOB VACANCY
ONTARIO NURSES’ ASSOCIATION – LOCAL 46
JOB POSTING #: 269-314-2013
POSITION: Casual Registered Nurse
UNIT: Cardiac Catheterization Lab
JOB CODE: 4020.5
SHIFTS: Monday-Friday variable hours
1. Participates and collaborates with other health care providers in provision of patient care.
2. Effectively uses the Standards of Nursing Practice and the Nursing Process in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the care of the patient.
3. Provides health teaching to patients and family.
1. Certificate of competency in Ontario, BScN preferred.
2. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) competency required
3. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification current within the last 2 years with experience required.
4. Current certification in venipuncture (I.V. certification).
5. Minimum 3 years current cardiac care experience.
6. 2 years current hemodynamic monitoring experience required.
7. Demonstrated clinical competency in the management and care of patients.
8. Knowledgeable in the utilization and care of all mechanical equipment required for patient care. Excellent organizational and communication skills required.
9. Demonstrated behaviour consistent with the hospital’s mission statement and core values.
10. Demonstrated ability to maintain successful working relationships; ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner, both in person and on the telephone; tact. Courtesy and alertness in public contacts.
11. Proficiency in English and French preferred.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may be assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time.
APPLY TO: Human Resources, Recruiting
Sault Area Hospital
NOTE: Internal staff, please complete ONA pink application form
Posted: July 18, 2013, 16:00 hours to July 29, 2013, 16:00 hours