Casual Registered Practical Nurse- Paediatrics/ NICU
JOB POSTING #: 246-289-2013
POSITION: Casual Registered Practical Nurse
UNIT: Paediatrics / NICU
RATE: $26.55 - $27.02 hourly, plus 14% in lieu of benefits
JOB CODE: 5050.5
SHIFT: All Shifts
1. Provide nursing care in accordance with the College of Nurses, organizational and unit standards.
2. Participate and collaborate with other health care providers in provision of patient care.
3. Responsible for making clinical decisions, exercising judgment to ensure best possible nursing care is provided within available resources.
4. Provide health teaching to patient and family.
5. Make clinical decisions, exercising judgment to ensure best possible nursing care is provided within available resources.
6. Is cognizant of and participates in the development of the Nursing and Unit objectives.
7. Is compliant with legislative, organizational and departmental regulations, standards and procedures related to occupational health and safety.
1. Certificate of competency in Ontario.
2. BCLS competency preferred.
3. NRP competency.
4. Must have completed the educational requirements to practice at full scope.
5. Demonstrated clinical competency in the management and care of patients in the Maternal Child Program.
6. Knowledge in the utilization and care of all mechanical equipment required for patient care.
7. Maternal Child nursing experience.
8. Willingness to cross trained in all areas of the Maternal Child Program.
9. Demonstrated ability to maintain successful working relationships; ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner, both in person and on the telephone; tact, courtesy and alertness in public contacts.
10. Proficiency in English and French preferred.
11. Demonstrated behaviour consistent with the hospital’s mission statement and core values.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may be assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time.
APPLY TO: email@example.com
Please place the job posting # in the subject line.
Internal staff, please complete yellow application form.
Posted: June 20, 2013, 16:00 hours to June 25, 2013, 16:00 hours