Full Time Project Management Specialist- Transformation
Project Management Specialist
JOB POSTING #: 253-296-2013
POSITION: Full Time Project Management Specialist
RATE: $40.22 - $48.29 hourly
The Project Management Specialist will be responsible for the overall Sault Area Hospital(SAH) Project Portfolio and report to the Senior Leadership on key priority projects. The Project Management Specialist will provide tools, direction, guidance and education to Project Owners. This may include coordinating the efforts of IT and business/operational users, and third-party contractors or consultants in order to assist Business Owners to develop project documents. The Project Management Specialist will lead the development and implementation of SAH project management principles and processes ensuring that projects are prioritized to advance the SAH strategic plan as well as deliver projects successfully, consistently and predictably.
1. Provide updates and recommendations to SAH Senior Leader team on current state of the SAH project portfolio. This will include identification of risk and providing mitigation strategies.
2. Provides expertise and lead Project Owners and team to apply best practice project management practices.
3. Provides feedback and guidance to ensure best practice methods are applied to SAH strategic projects. Includes assisting with the development of detailed business cases and project plans identifying the project success accountabilities, scope, budget, resources requirements, timelines and risks.
4. Establishes and maintains SAH Project Management principles and processes. Includes the development and implementation of tools/templates and educational material in support of SAH processes.
5. Identify, mitigate and manage risks associated with corporate projects to help ensure projects are successful as determined by the project outcomes.
6. Ensures precise unambiguous definitions of project scope, goals, deliverables and success criteria.
7. Develops and maintains full-scale project plans with defined tasks and resource requirements.
8. Works within project budget, resource allocation, costs and timelines.
9. Works with the various team leads (e.g. to confirm customization requirements, oversee development, coordinate testing, manage deployment).
10. Conducts and coordinates process and workflow analysis with staff as required.
11. Effectively communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders.
12. Liaises with project stakeholders on an on-going basis, including reporting on project progress.
13. Based on input from stakeholders, drafts budget proposals and recommends subsequent budget changes where necessary
14. Where required and partnered with the project stakeholders, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the organization.
15. Coordinates tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
16. Identifies and resolve issues and conflicts with the project team.
17. Proactively manages changes in project scope utilizing a Change Management process, identifies potential crises and devises contingency plans for assigned projects.
18. Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical path.
19. Develops reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
20. Conducts project lessons learned sessions and creates a recommendation aimed at continuous improvement.
21. Acts as a role model and champion for continuous improvement by coaching and assisting project team members and employees to communicate change effectively.
22. Provides influence that requires others to take action.
23. Accountable for their assigned work and other duties as required.
1. Minimum ten years project management experience.
2. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
3. University or college Degree in a related discipline.
4. Experience presenting updates and recommendations to Senior Executives.
5. Demonstrated experience leading the development of project management principles and processes.
6. Business consulting skills.
7. Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
8. Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
9. React to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
10. Ability to read communication styles of team members and vendors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
11. Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including management, departmental employees and vendors.
12. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
13. Strong interpersonal and change management skills
14. Lean Six Sigma experience and knowledge is an asset.
15. Excellent knowledge of various software programs including: Microsoft Word, MS Project, Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
16. Demonstrated behaviour consistent with the hospital’s Standards of Performance and iCcare values.
17. Proficiency in English and French preferred.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may be assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time.
APPLY TO: : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please place the job posting # in the subject line.
Posted: June 27, 2013, 16:00 hours to July 12, 2013, 16:00 hours