Part Time Addiction Services Worker Female Withdrawal Management
JOB POSTING #: 119-138-2013
POSITION: Part Time Addiction Services Worker – Female
DEPARTMENT: Withdrawal Management
RATE: $20.66 - $22.39 hourly, plus 14% in lieu of benefits
JOB CODE: 5300.2
SHIFT: Shift Work including weekends and holidays extended hours
1. Observe, assess, manage and document the behaviour of residents who are intoxicated, in the state of withdrawal, and in crisis.
2. Monitor residents and record significant changes in their level of functioning.
3. Document admission and discharge data, client service plans and progress toward goals, and any other significant information relating to quality care.
4. Educate residents about the effects of chemical dependence and substance abuse, along with the process of recovery.
5. Complete assessments, provide information regarding treatment options, make and facilitate appropriate referrals.
6. Prepare meals and perform the routine and emergent household tasks that are required to maintain a clean and safe environment.
7. Provides assistance in planning corrective actions to ensure safety for patients and staff.
8. Is compliant with legislation, organizational and departmental, regulations, standards and procedures related to occupational health and safety.
1. Diploma in the social services, with an addiction concentration.
2. Valid First Aid Certificate, CPR, and Crisis Intervention training required.
3. Demonstrated observation, assessment, communication and effective withdrawal management skills.
4. Extensive knowledge of the community agencies and self-help groups that provide support to people struggling with substance use and addiction.
5. Demonstrated core competencies of addiction and mental health.
6. Previous experience working in a residential human services setting.
7. Knowledge of safe operating procedures for normal household equipment and appliances.
8. Cultural awareness and sensitivity training. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with specific target groups (youth, women, native, mentally ill).
9. Demonstrated ability to maintain successful working relationships; ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner, both in person and on the telephone’ tact, courtesy and alertness in public contacts
10. Demonstrated behaviour consistent with the hospital’s mission statement and core values.
11. Proficiency in English and French preferred.
Note: This job requires that the successful candidate be able to meet the physical demands of the job. Examples-extended standing, using proper lifting techniques, working over sinks/counters etc.
Also due to the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may be assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time.
APPLY TO: Human Resources, Recruiting
Sault Area Hospital
Email : email@example.com
Please place the job posting # in the subject line.
NOTE: Internal applicants please complete yellow application form.
POSTED: March 21, 2013, 16:00 hours to March 26, 2013, 16:00 hours