Part Time Office Assistant- Seniors Mental Health
POSITION: Part-Time Office Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Seniors Mental Health
RATE: $21.20 hourly - $21.85 hourly, plus 14% in lieu of benefits
JOB CODE: 6466.2
SHIFT: Shift Work
1. To provide clerical-support services to the staff in Seniors Mental Health.
2. To provide support for the Manager of Mental Health.
3. To provide intake services for Mental Health, confer with unit assistant, caregiver, nurses, physicians, etc.
4. To provide booking services to the Seniors Mental.
5. To prepare, organize and maintain a filing system for patient charts and administrative information and correspondence.
6. To scan test results and reports into Meditech.
7. Development of forms for the Seniors Mental Health.
8. Manager may assign additional tasks.
1. Diploma in Office Administration, Health Office Administration Certificate or equivalent education and/or experience, preferably in a health care environment is required.
2. Experience working in a hospital or office environment is required.
3. Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office, in particular excel is required.
4. Proficiency in Medical Terminology required.
5. Ability to meet deadlines.
6. Experience using Community Wide Scheduling or other scheduling systems.
7. Ability to communicate with patients with special needs (i.e. speech, communication difficulties).
8. Experience working with Meditech is an asset.
9. Ability to work independently.
10. Demonstrated excellent communication and organizational skills.
11. Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks with efficiency.
12. Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment with high sensory demands.
13. Demonstrated ability to maintain successful working relationships; ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner, both in person and on the telephone; tact, courtesy and alertness in public contacts
14. Demonstrated behaviour consistent with the hospital’s Standards of Performance and ICCARE values
15. Proficiency in English and French preferred
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may be assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time.
APPLY TO: email@example.com
Please place the job posting # in the subject line.
NOTE: Internal staff, please complete yellow CAW application form.
POSTED: July 2, 2013, 16:00 hours to July 11, 2013, 16:00 hours