Part Time Registered Nurse- Operating Room/ Recovery Room
PART-TIME REGISTERED NURSE JOB VACANCY
ONTARIO NURSES' ASSOCIATION - LOCAL 46
JOB POSTING#: 262-307-2013
POSITION: 1 Part Time Registered Nurse
UNIT: Operating Room/Recovery Room
JOB CODE: 4020.2
SHIFTS: Shift work Monday through Sunday
On-Call evening and nights
1. Participates and collaborates with other health care providers in provision of patient care.
2. Effectively uses the Standards of Nursing Practice and the Nursing Process in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the care of the patient.
3. Provides health teaching to patients and family.
4. Provides assistance in planning corrective actions to ensure safety for patients and staff. Is compliant with legislation, organizational and departmental, regulations, standards and procedures related to occupational health and safety.
1. Certificate of Competency in Ontario required.
2. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) competency preferred.
3. Knowledge of Operating Room Nurses Association of Canada (ORNAC) Standards.
4. Knowledge and skill in all surgical specialities including; orthopaedics, gynaecology, general surgery, plastic surgery, urology, ENT and oral surgery.
5. A minimum of two years current operating room experience preferred.
6. Ability to perform independently in the scrub role or circulating role preferred.
7. Good critical thinking and organizational skills.
8. Perioperative Certification through Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) or equivalent to preferred.
9. Demonstrated ability to maintain successful working relationships; ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner, both in person and on the telephone; tact, courtesy and alertness in public contacts.
10. Proficiency in English and French preferred.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may be assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time.
APPLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please place the job posting # in the subject line.
NOTE: Internal staff, please complete ONA pink application form
POSTED: July 11, 2013, 16:00 hours to July 18, 2013, 16:00 hours