Part Time Registered Nurse- Surgical Day Care
PART-TIME REGISTERED NURSE JOB VACANCY
ONTARIO NURSES' ASSOCIATION - LOCAL 46
JOB POSTING #: 263-308-2013
POSITION: Part-Time Registered Nurse
UNIT: Surgical Day Care
JOB CODE: 4020.2
SHIFTS: Shift Work Involved
1. Provides Nursing care in accordance with the College of Nurses, organizational and units standards in a fast paced setting.
2. Participates and collaborates with other health care providers in provision of patient care.
3. Responsible for making clinical decisions, exercising judgment to ensure best possible nursing care is provided within available resources.
4. Provide health teaching to patients and family.
5. Is cognizant of and participates in the development of the Nursing and Unit objectives.
6. Practices in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety Standards.
1. Certificate of Competency in Ontario required, BScN preferred.
2. BCLS competency, ACLS preferred.
3. Minimum 2 years current experience with pre and post operative nursing required.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of all surgical specialities, including general surgery, vascular surgery, thoracic surgery, orthopaedic surgery, gynaecology, plastic surgery, urology, ENT and oral surgery required.
5. Demonstrated recent experience in physical assessment skills or completion of a physical assessment course required.
6. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of moderate sedation preferred.
7. Demonstrated ability to maintain successful working relationships; ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner, both in person and on the telephone; tact. Courtesy and alertness in public contacts.
8. Proficiency in English and French preferred.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may be assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time.
APPLY TO: email@example.com
Please place the job posting # in the subject line
NOTE: Internal applicants, please complete the yellow application form.
POSTED: July 11, 2013, 16:00 hours to July 18, 2013, 16:00 hours