Part Time Unit Assistant- Emergency
JOB POSTING #: 215-256-2013
POSITION: Part-Time Unit Assistant
RATE: $21.20 to $21.85 hourly, plus 14% in lieu of benefits
JOB BAND: F
JOB CODE: 6020.2
SHIFT: Shift work
1. Greet and direct patients and visitors; answer telephone, relay messages, schedule patient appointments and procedures, book patient transportation both internal and external, maintain communication with other departments and physicians’ offices.
2. Assemble, replenish, thin and disassemble, charts in accordance with Health Records Policy.
3. Transcription of physician’s orders according to Hospital policy.
4. Utilize all applications of Meditech: ADM, order entry, EMR, supplies, scheduler.
5. Ensure accurate, timely entry and maintenance of the Most Responsible Physician in the ADM module.
6. Pick up and deliver mail and charts to appropriate departments/units.
7. Order, receive, and restock designated stationary, supplies, and equipment.
8. Communicate with Admitting to ensure proper protocols are followed for patient encounters, admissions, discharges, and transfers.
9. Maintain daily census, monthly statistics, worksheets, data collection, and all other appropriate records.
10. Assess staffing on a daily basis and communicate staffing concerns as required to the Manager and/or Central Staffing.
11. Preparation of unit schedules.
1. Diploma in Office Administration, Health Office Administration Certificate or equivalent education and/or experience, preferably in a health care environment.
2. Proficiency in medical terminology.
3. Proficiency in all Microsoft applications inclusive of Excel
4. Minimum one year experience in a hospital or medical setting.
5. Demonstrated excellent communication and organizational skills.
6. Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks with efficiency.
7. Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment with high sensory demands.
8. Experience with Meditech; Order Entry, ADM, EMR, CMAR, Materials Management.
9. Experience in the preparation of staff schedules is an asset.
10. Demonstrated ability in the accurate transcription of doctors’ orders.
11. Demonstrated ability to maintain successful working relationships; ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner, both in person and on the telephone; tact, courtesy and alertness in public contacts.
12. Demonstrated competency in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) preferred.
13. Demonstrated behaviour consistent with the hospital’s mission and values statement and The Employee Standards of Performance.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may by assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time.
APPLY TO: Human Resources, Recruiting
Sault Area Hospital
Please place the job posting # in the subject line.
Internal staff, please complete yellow application form.
Posted: May 23, 2013, 16:00 hours to June 3, 2013, 16:00 hours