What to Bring
For your hospital stay, please remember to bring the following:
- Ontario Health Card (green with photo or red and white)
- Details of any additional health coverage or insurance policies
- Social Insurance card and WSIB claim number (for workplace-sustained injuries)
- Medications which you are now taking (preferably in their original containers) or a list of their names and instructions.
- Once your nurse or pharmacist has seen them, they will be sent home with your family or stored for you.
- During your stay, the hospital pharmacy will provide medication for you.
- If your doctor wishes you to continue with a medication that the hospital does not normally supply, you may be asked to use your own.
- During your hospital stay, you can arrange to speak with a pharmacist about any medication-related questions.
- Sleep attire, robe, slippers and comfortable clothing
- Grooming items such as toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, soap, shampoo, deodorant, sanitary items, shaving supplies
- Lip balm and skin cream
- Address book with phone numbers you require
- Small amounts of money for newspapers, magazines, gift shop items, toiletries, etc.
- Credit card
Do not Bring
- Jewellery or sentimental items
- Non-prescription drugs or alcohol