Our active Volunteer Team of more than 520 contribute over 65,000 hours per year. On any given day, there are 60 or more volunteers carrying out various assignments throughout the hospital.
Our volunteers are:
- An integral part of our health care team by enhancing services to our patients, visitors, staff and physicians
- Ambassadors for Sault Area Hospital
- Demonstrators of Sault Area Hospital’s iCcare values
We recognize the needs of volunteers as having meaningful opportunities for personal growth, having a positive and supportive environment, being acknowledged and appreciated and knowing that they support quality patient care at Sault Area Hospital.
The Volunteer Role
A ‘volunteer’ at Sault Area Hospital is defined as an individual who willingly donates their time and energy to the hospital to provide services or support patients, visitors or staff in an approved program of Volunteer Resources. A volunteer does not receive compensation from SAH.
We are looking for volunteers who:
- Demonstrate Sault Area Hospital’s Standards of Performance and iCcare Values
- Are at least 15 years of age
- Can commit to at least one 4 hour shift per week for a minimum of six-months
Are YOU ready to become a Sault Area Hospital Volunteer? Apply TODAY!